Bartlett High School – Gym – 1101 Golden Bear Dr. Anchorage, AK 99504
Badminton Rule Sheet
|Thursday, June 6th
||Doubles; all age groups
|Friday, June 7th
|Saturday, June 8th
BADMINTON SKILL LEVELS
- can serve in accordance with badminton rules( below the waist);
- can return serve;
- understands the lines for singles and doubles, where to stand while serving and receiving, and which side of the court as points progress;
- knowledge of basic rules of badminton.
- able to clear (forehand and backhand to baseline), drop and smash;
- footwork to 4 corners of the court;
- able to serve very low just over the net to land just across the service line Or serve high and deep to the back;
- able to follow tactical instructions;
- knowledge of detailed rules of badminton.
- able to move the opponent around the court to gain advantage and get ready for the winner(kill);
- able to outlast the opponent in rallies with superior physical stamina;
- able to play tight shots close to the net repeatedly if necessary without touching the net;
- able to use accurate judgement to leave shots which are going out by a small margin;
- able to form tactics against opponents;
- able to vary tactics during matches;
- knowledge of advanced rules and controversies.